- You go pick up an engine (in pieces) and body parts from the central warehouse.
- You find that your version of sys-car/transmission is too new and you need to get a newer version of sys-car/engine out of storage.
- You put together the engine, transmission, and body. You’re pretty psyched, only to find that you have yet to install car-misc/seats.
- You install the seats, but find that the latest version of car-misc/seats does not correctly recognize the human body, due to an incompatibility.
- You downgrade car-misc/seats and in the process must downgrade sys-apps/steering-wheel for height concerns.
- You install the radio separately, which is the easiest part.
- You turn the car on and it explodes.
EDIT: Whoa, it looks like I’ve been Reddited! Or whatever the appropriate form of that word is. I want to clarify that I love Gentoo and use it on a daily basis. For all the ~arch dependency hell, it’s still a pretty damn great distribution.